Uh, Warm & Punchy tagged me a couple of weeks ago in some kind of internet game where, as best as I can tell, I’ve gotta post 10 tracks that show up on my shuffle. Guess I haven’t logged in to Tumblr in a while. Funny thing, up until about two weeks ago, I’d been totally without any kind of personal music listening device. My iPod crapped out around New Year’s, and my phone just wasn’t up to the task of holding music AND hot dog photos. I had to make a choice and I chose hot dogs.
But a month or so ago, my phone crapped out (possibly from spending most of the summer at the beach/pool/park; water, sand, sunscreen, mustard, etc—not good for electronics). I got a new device that gives me access to music again so, la-de-da. Thing is, I haven’t downloaded that much onto the device yet, so this shuffle list is just, well, it’s not drawn from a huge pool of music. It’s, uh, probably overwhelmingly DADROCK, because, you know, hell, I don’t need to apologize or prevaricate.
1. “Saddle in the Rain (Live)" - John Prine (from In Person & On Stage)
2. “I Love Everybody" - Lyle Lovett
3. “The Magic" - Joan As Policewoman
4. “Slow Numbers" - Morphine
5. “My Hometown" - Zoobombs
6. “Up the Junction" - Squeeze
7. “Let Me Let You Down" - Mudhoney
8. “Detroit Has a Skyline" - Superchunk
9. “Saddle in the Rain" - John Prine (from Common Sense) -NO APOLOGIES
10. “What Goes On (Live)" - Velvet Underground
There’s not much on here that wouldn’t have been on my iPod as a 15-yr-old. I want to say, too, that the music I’ve put on my device all speaks to my current (neverending) writing project in some way.
For my part, I’ll tag TomBCN, HipFlaskAdventures, and Inconvenient Ruth.